Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Not a good blogger:(

I keep thinking "Man, I'd love to have one of those really cool blogs that I look at every day." But my computer is slow and takes WAY too long to load pictures and so blogging is a real chore so I don't do it. It's about this time every year that I get a renewed burst of blogging energy that lasts halfway through the summer then fizzles out again and I disappear into the real world not to resurface until next spring. But here I am all the same.

Anyway, today I want to write about a few things I've been doing that don't include wiping bums or sweeping the floor (which needs to be done no less than 5 times a day in order to look relatively presentable...and who has time for that? So...call before you drop in, because my house is un-presentable...always.)

First - I've been really excited about the craft group I started. I contacted a few of the gals in my neighborhood whom I know to be crafty and we started a craft swap. There's a theme - the first time was accessories - and I divided the gals into groups of 5. Yes, I'm in every group because I knew if there was something super cute in a group I wasn't in, I'd be annoyed. I'm petty that way I guess. Anyway, you make 4 of the same thing (or 5 if you want one of your own)and you get back 4 different items. It was SO fun! I loved everything that I got! The styles weren't all things that I would have picked for myself, but I think that's what made it so great was that now that I have it, I wear it. The theme for this next go-round is "house/home decor". I think I'm equally excited to be able to try out all these crafts that swirl around in my head as I am to get the things that the other gals bring. There are 4 groups this time and I'm making decor balls in record bowls, book page wreaths, etched glass vases filled with coffee filter flowers and I'm still deciding on the last group. It will either be monogram soap dispensers with embellished hand towels, jewelry holders or space saver decorated closet hangers.

Anyway - probably no one really cares about any of that, but I do...and it's my blog, so there.

I also have been loving this website:


It's kind of the same as my craft swap, but on a national level! You make stuff, post it on the site for a certain amount of points, 1-5, called "whoops" and when someone requests your item, you have more points to spend on something that someone else has made.
It's not really as complicated as I probably just made that sound. But anyway, I've swapped some of the book page wreaths, I made a crochet hat, some grocery bag holders, some lacing cards and burnt flower pins and received in return:

a cute pin cushion, Diaper Clutch, Easter Chicks Original Art Pendant, Crochet Owl Hat for Emmie, Zebra stripe key fob (which I LOVE), Chunky Pink Crochet Scarf, Full Length Chaps Bibs (such a cool idea - my kids never just get food on their shirts, it's EVERYWHERE.), Set of Three Burp Cloths for Boys (the cutest cowboy material in the world - I'm having a girl, but still had to have these.), White Initial Onesie (the lady even added a little ruffle bum out of the same material as the initial! So cute.), Family forever, for always and no matter what vinyl quote. This is only about half of the stuff I've gotten! It's so fun to get packages of fun crafty things that other people have made in the mail.

So if you're going to join this site, make sure you do it through my link so I get credit for it:)
http://bit.ly/hKXUFU
Yes, I'm talking to all 2 of you that are reading this.
I'll do another post in the next few days with some pictures. I'm pretty much done for the day:) Happy Tuesday.

1 comment:

Beck said...

Sunny I LOVE the way you write! It cracks me up!!! I love what your making for the home decor group. Can I still come to see how talented everyone is even though Im not making anything or taking anything home??? I love hanging with you!!!