We live right behind a great big park. And there's a lot of new houses going up in our neighborhood. Big park plus construction equals displaced animals. Translate: We have mice. Not to sound like too much of a hippy, but I just can't stand killing things. So one day, I trapped one in a corner and caught it in a cup. I took it outside to set it free (yes, I realize that it probably just ran back in my house - but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.) By the time I got back inside the house, Ellie had gone outside and...well, the picture speaks for itself.
This girl never ceases to amaze me. How in the world did she even see it? Let alone catch it? Will her hands ever be the same after the scrubbing they got when she returned to the house?
Anyway, I (foolishly) thought that I had taken care of the problem. Well, a couple weeks ago I threw a baby shower for my friend and right in the middle of the party one of these little beasties darted along the living room wall and into the fireplace. I'm SO not feeling like a hippy anymore, I just want the nasty things gone. I've caught 4 in traps, but having caught so many I'm thinking I need to hire this problem out. But I'm really scared to do it because I can't really do rat poison with 4 curious little ones...well, mostly just the 1 curious, but 2 other little. Anyone have any experience with this? Any tips? I'm a little out of my league here.
A Final Note
11 years ago





6 comments:
Oh my goodness! This is totally freaking me out. I'd like to say that I have some piece of advice or an idea to contribute that would help you, but eeewwww... I hate mice. I grew up around rats and bats, and I'm sure mice, but the other two were so disgusting I didn't notice the mice. NO clue how to help you sister. I'll just pray for you. And can you believe that little stinker? Going out and grabbing the mouse by the tail? Unbelievable. You are a mother warrior...you can conquer the mice, I know it!
i cannot stop laughing! that is hilarious she picked it up with her bare hands! yikes! your kids are the cutest! haha!
Keep setting traps girl! You can do this :) Good luck!
um? how did she do that? really...how?!?
wow! good job that you've got one of those great helpers to do the dirty work cause other than that statement, i got nothing! lol
xoxo
My favorite part about this entry is the picture of Ellie -- flower in one hand, mouse hanging by its tail in the other. To me, this totally encapsulates her personality...mischevious and adventurous and completely nuts, but look closely and you'll see her sweetness (even if it is dangling haphazardly by its stem in her less noticable other hand!) Love this story and love you crazy Ellie Lou!!
Sunny!!! Ok, how I came across ur blog is one story, but I wanted to tell u that I read the first page of posts n love what uve written/shared! Wish I knew u better...ure beautiful! Much love...
Post a Comment