I don't really like talking on the phone - in fact it's kind of a phobia of mine. I feel totally awkward and I never know how to gracefully say goodbye and hang up. So when at all possible I avoid calling people at all. This goes double for leaving messages. I HATE leaving messages. I don't like the way my voice sounds recorded (although people tell me that's just what it sounds like...ew.), I will inevitably stammer or mess something up that will be forever recorded and un-erasable. So if you have ever gotten a voice message from me, feel loved because I totally hate leaving them and I probably spent the next 20 minutes mentally kicking myself for what I should have said and how stupid I sounded. Texting was heaven-sent just for me.
If my phone is ringing, there's a 75 percent chance that it's my dad. I talk to my dad on average 4 times a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but always at least once every day. It's kind of silly, but if there's ever a point in my day when I'm bored or just want some adult conversation I know I can call my dad and just chat for a few minutes. And for the most part when those times come, my phone is usually already ringing with him on the other end. Sometimes it's annoying (like at 6:30 AM), sometimes I think "Really, Dad? I'm doing the same thing I was doing 10 minutes ago when we hung up." But mostly it's nice. I know that someday when my dad is gone I will look longingly at my phone that doesn't ring very often knowing that he would call me if he could.
I know this is such a random post, I just felt like writing about this.




5 comments:
random ones usually are the best ones!
and it's true. we'll all end up kicking ourselves for the things that we took for granted when they are gone.
and HOW are you like that about the phone/messages??? you are so freakin beautiful and so dang cute and SOUND so fun! so jump on board and no worries cause it's silly! lol
xoxo
and yes. it is a friday night at 10pm and i am home, a loser, lol, reading blogs!? i'm telling you. i think it might be time to "hook a girl up"! oh wait. i'm old!?! lol
You're a lucky girlie to have such a good Dad. The relationships where you can just talk about nothing, and definitely dont have to worry about how to gracefully hang up, are usually the best ones.
I LOVE random posts. Love it, Love you!
wow! i totally agree! it's really bad of me, but i text people to avoid a phone convo... i'd much rather talk face to face... i've also had those awkward phone conversations where you talk at the same time as the other person because the reception is bad... anyway, i'm a texter! haha!
I love that your dad calls you 24/7... it's cute! I too love texting, if you just have something short and sweet to say... text it! Its simple and saves time! Until it turns into a 300 text conversation! haha
Post a Comment