This week we:
1. Drove to and from San Fransisco for my grampa's funeral. It was fun to see everyone and enjoy being together.



I was so excited for Ellie's Mother's Day program at her preschool. If you'll remember, last year I captured many a great picture of her being...well, her. Well, this year she brought out some new material for 2010. The "I'm a little nervous to sing in front of everyone so I'm going to pretend that I'm too cold to sing". What a bust. She sat in her chair and pretended to shiver and look sad the WHOLE TIME. I felt so sorry for her teacher who has worked with the kids on these songs all semester only to have her not perform any of it. She had also made each of the mothers a really cute necklace with some of our kids' art work shrunk down on the pendant.
Mother's Day was awesome though! On Saturday Junior took me out for sushi - I'm just beginning to understand the craze. It was yummy. Then Sunday, he and the kids made me breakfast (scrambled eggs and Eggo waffles). Junior had bought me a beautiful lei to wear to church. Evie gave me a cute card that she had made at school. Junior took the kids at church so I could actually listen and enjoy the meeting. I got to talk to my hilarious little brother Steven who is currently serving a mission in the Dominican Republic. He has some great stories and his Monday e-mails never disappoint.All in all a wonderful day! And once again no pictures of it:(
1. Drove to and from San Fransisco for my grampa's funeral. It was fun to see everyone and enjoy being together.
2. Celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. This picture is a few years old, but we didn't take any:( I'm getting terrible at not taking pictures of things that I really should. We had a great day - we went to the temple, ate at Blue Lemon, then went to a craft show (Junior's a good sport).
3. Celebrated Trey's 3rd birthday. We went to the Dinosaur "Magism" (museum, but he doesn't say it right and I actually like how he says it better.) He got a Buzz Lightyear toy that he's wanted for months and was thrilled.
4. Celebrated Mother's Day
I was so excited for Ellie's Mother's Day program at her preschool. If you'll remember, last year I captured many a great picture of her being...well, her. Well, this year she brought out some new material for 2010. The "I'm a little nervous to sing in front of everyone so I'm going to pretend that I'm too cold to sing". What a bust. She sat in her chair and pretended to shiver and look sad the WHOLE TIME. I felt so sorry for her teacher who has worked with the kids on these songs all semester only to have her not perform any of it. She had also made each of the mothers a really cute necklace with some of our kids' art work shrunk down on the pendant.
Mother's Day was awesome though! On Saturday Junior took me out for sushi - I'm just beginning to understand the craze. It was yummy. Then Sunday, he and the kids made me breakfast (scrambled eggs and Eggo waffles). Junior had bought me a beautiful lei to wear to church. Evie gave me a cute card that she had made at school. Junior took the kids at church so I could actually listen and enjoy the meeting. I got to talk to my hilarious little brother Steven who is currently serving a mission in the Dominican Republic. He has some great stories and his Monday e-mails never disappoint.All in all a wonderful day! And once again no pictures of it:(




3 comments:
what a busy week! i keep checkin up on you! sorry your grandpa passed. congrats on your anniversary. your kids are growing up so fast. and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Happy Mothers Day! and Anniversary!!! You really did have a busy week! Let me just say that I think you are such an amazing mom! I hope to be like you when I grow up :) Oh wait, I am growing up... July 17th!!!
It sounds like you had a great week...minus the funeral. But then again funerals end up being big parties anyway bc so many people you havent seen in forever come to visit. So I hope it was nice for ya. And what a great Mothers Day!!! How cool is that Reno got you a lei! So fun!!! You are so great Sunny. You make me happy just reading about you! :)
Post a Comment