Monday, April 20, 2009

A little bit of this and that.

Been busy - haven't felt like blogging. So sue me.

While Junior was away at Harvard for a business program the week before Easter, I tried to keep the kids busy with crafts and fun things at night so they wouldn't miss him so much. Well, while decorating paper mache eggs that we had painted, Ellie decided to take an entire bottle of glitter (which is not cheap, I might add) and dump it in her hair. It's 2 weeks later and I'm still finding traces when I wash her hair.

Trey has decided that this is his "picture face". I'm not exactly sure what he's trying to do, possibly wink? It makes him look a little bit scared and a little bit crazy. Anytime you try to take a picture of him though, this is what he does. Evie was able to attend her very first real tea party thanks to Norah Griffiths. She got all dressed up in her party dress and fancy hat and had a fantastic time being girly.


This was a picture of a trip to the farm at Thanksgiving Point. They had a fun Easter craft and a real live bunny for the kids to pet. This was a successful outing.

And now I know the difference. Last Thursday I took these three monkeys to the dinosaur museum. All was going well until I decided to add in a special treat and take them to see the 3D movie... There happened to be a field trip of 150 middle school kids in the theater too - which I thought would be fine since no one would notice the noise from my kids. But instead, about 1/2 way through, Trey decided that he'd had enough and threw a tantrum. So now these field trippers were road blocks to the exit that I needed to get to. As I made my way over rows of stadium seating, trying to find a safe route, Trey (still in full tantrum) decided to flail around and banged his face on an arm rest. Now he was fully screaming in pain as well as impatience. We got out of the theater and I found that he had given himself a bloody nose. A gusher. So I dragged my troop off to the bathroom to clean him up. Ellie decided that now would be the perfect time to give herself a tour of the museum without Mom to slow her down. I finally tracked down Ellie, who was now starting a tantrum of her own because we would not be getting the ice cream that we had talked about getting. Trey's nose bled the entire way home and I got home and burst into tears. Some days I really hate Mary Poppins.


4 comments:

Uila said...

Don't you find that they seem to gang up on you? Once one starts, the others know "this is the time to stress out mommy!" love the post. don't worry, we all have those days. i bet you can't wait until #4 comes eh?:)

Abby said...

Oh Sunny, I feel so bad for you. Those days are ones that are permanently embedded in my memory so that I can razz the kids about it later when they're older. I noticed there didn't happen to be a picture of the "unsuccessful" outing. I'm just impressed that you're out there doing all of these things prego with all three children. I know how tricky and hard that can be. You're welcome over here anytime when you need a break!

Hayward Family said...

WOW! You are a trooper for sure! I barely take Cy places by myself.. I can't imagine 3 kids! You are a good mom!! It's ok to cry those days out.. I do it sometimes! ;) Hope you are feeling well... Let me know if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

LOL - I loved your final statement about Mary Poppins! Next time you have a day like that you should call me - seriously,that's what friends are for...especially when your "best friend" is out of town! :)