I changed my background to something summery because I'm missing those days of warmth and freedom. I'm starting to feel a little caged in.
On an unrelated note - ever wonder how long it takes to clean up an entire bottle of dish soap from the floor? I used to be like you. "No," you're thinking, "I've never wondered that before." 45 minutes is the answer. And even better is when you find that the reason there is a whole bottle of soap on the floor is because a 3 year old was attempting to clean up the whole bottle of nail polish that she had dumped on the floor. One would think that this would have been plenty, but after cleaning both of these messes, I walked in the kitchen to the other side of the island to find my spices had been dumped out on the floor as well. At this point I just started laughing and took a picture. This is the price that a mother pays for falling asleep while getting the baby to nap. It was worth it though - I haven't had a good nap in...years? I don't remember the last time I had a nap that I enjoyed this much. Moral of the story: ....I got nothing. Can't beat 'em, can't join 'em, just laugh and clean it up.
Trey put this hat on himself and thought he was awesome.




7 comments:
Oh, you're so many leaps and bounds ahead of me. I have to remind myself to laugh while the steam is coming out both ears. I try and tell myself that this is what I'll miss when they're all moved away from me. And Trey looks so so cute. Love you Mahes!
OH MY GOSH!!! Seriously, I hope that I would laugh at that too... but I'm not too sure! Sunny, you are truly an amazing mom! I'm glad you got that nap in, or else you might not have been able to laugh at that! Kids these days... haha
Could be worse I suppose. I dumped half a bottle of orange dishwashing soap on my tan carpet and even though it was soap...there's a basketball size orange spot on my floor still. The more I scrubbed, the foamy-er it got and the larger the spot became. I went through buckets of water and heaps of towels, but alas...the soap won and I'm semi-content living with the big orange polka dot.
Trey looks quite pleased with himself. I love this picture.
hahaha!! You are a good mom! I would for sure beat my kid for doing that! That's probably why I only have 1.. The Lord knows! haha.. I have to learn patience first.. You must have been born with it!
Okay, so you really are in the same boat I am in! Every time I took a nap the kids were on some kind of disaster mission. Maybe it is something they are just born with - knowing that while mom is sleeping, they can do whatever they want. And all that still didn't keep me from taking a nap. I look forward to sleep anytime I can get it!
You're so funny! Love the Mexican hat of Trey. .Hope you guys are doing GREAT
Post a Comment